Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Perfect Gentleman

The other morning I was on the way to my Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8'0'clock class, almost to the door I was met there by a young man. He stepped to the side and held the door open for me. My jaw dropped in total shock, I wasn't used to any other man doing so except for Noah. I thanked him kindly and proceeded to my classroom. Later that day I was thinking about why I was so shocked and how I shouldn't have been. Whatever happened to the concept of "ladies come first" anyway? Instead we now live in a society that is more like" survival of the fittest" and nobody has an extra moment to go out of their way to help some one else. My challenge for raising Wyatt, because I am still old fashion, is to teach him about manners especially around women.
And a challenge to fellow bloggers: if some one goes out of their way to help you, thank them as if they saved your life. Maybe you will make their day or another person could learn from their example, just a thought :)

No comments: