Sunday, April 20, 2008

Give Thanks...With a Grateful Heart

Out of a grateful heart comes a view of life that recognizes that we are not entitled to a life free of problems.

I found this quote while researching for a project and it really struck a cord with my current situation. Sometimes when things are really stressful I forget to think about all the things I do have and keeping that grateful heart mentality is a challenge when things are exactly going as planned. Being a Christian I shouldn't expect a life free of problems, rather I should fight through them and remember to be grateful of the things that are going well in my life. I have a wonderful husband, a healthy baby boy, a roof over my head, an education and a family that would gladly take a bullet for me. When I think of all these positive things in my life, the problems I thought were so big, are swept under the rug where they should stay, beneath my feet.

No comments: