Friday, May 23, 2008

Weddings and Baby Showers...

Two weddings, one wedding shower, one baby shower and one baby. All of these are events are sure signs of growing up. My cousin and friend from college are marrying the love of their life and my roommate from school is having her first baby this September. I am only 22 years old and yet I and those around me have accomplished so much. To top it all off my once little cousin Ari is graduating 8Th grade! Man does that make me feel old. I can still remember like yesterday when Aunt Danielle told us she was pregnant. A couple weeks ago I was expressing to Noah that I can't wait to be like grandma and grandpa Mangialardi. I say this because I watch them sit at family gatherings and I wonder if they are thinking "we created all of this". So I told Noah that I can't wait until we have our own "empire". I am not sure why I chose that word but I can just picture us old at Christmas watching our kids and grand kids opening up gifts and I will think we have created our own mini empire. But until then I will just try to get through these joyous occasions this summer and I will cap it all off with a road trip with my family and Joey's to Ohio.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

ummm "empire?" how many kids do you want?