Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Bit Perplexed

Sometimes it is really hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that not everyone thinks or acts in the ways I do. I know that might sound a bit narcissistic but I was raised to respect those around me, treat everyone fairly and most importantly put your family first. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "blood is thicker than water" I would be a millionaire! So when I see others not using the principles that have been instilled in me I become extremely frustrated. I plan to raise my children with those simple morals but in a world where people aren't using respect, equality or valuing the importance of family, I wonder if my children will learn from my example or from those around them. I have lived my life as a people-pleaser and I am not saying that everyone should be. But I think the world would be a much happier place if people stopped thinking of themselves for once and started thinking of others. If people could think before they made any big decisions they would most likely find that others may be hurt by those decisions. This whole concept, a Christian one at that, will be the basis of my parenting style. Lets just hope my children catch on quickly!

No comments: