Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All grown Up

I came to the realization that instead of complaining that I never do anything or hang out with friends, I have become proactive and have made plans for myself. Some involve Wyatt and some don't. I have my calendar marked with days I am doing things with friends and as embarrassing as this is, it brings a smile to my face. There is nothing like being able to relate with others who are experiencing the same milestones in life, marriage and parenthood. We share advice, gross stories and laughs of life before our children and it is strange to think we are "grown-ups" now. I don't have a lot of friends but I have a few good ones that I know I will have for a lifetime...for that I am thankful. While I was off being a busy mom I neglected the fact that just because my life revolves around my son and husband, doesn't mean I still don't deserve a little social time.

No comments: