Saturday, August 1, 2009

The New Generation

Today my oldest brother is 30! It is strange to think that he has been on earth for this long. I am am so proud of Joey and I think he has made the biggest turn around. Going from an irresponsible teenager, to a husband and father. Sure he is still the same brother who laughs when he farts or will disguise his voice every time he calls me, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He calls me at least 2 or 3 times a week just to see how we are doing and is always telling me to give Wyatt a kiss from his uncle Joey. Out of four kids you would think we would be a lot alike but we are so very different. Joey is strong, but emotional, Joshy is smart and sarcastic, I am nurturing and tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, Shayshay is guarded and a total DIVA. When you get all of us together it is a fun time, we use laughter as a common thread, even though I tend to be at the butt of many jokes, what can I say, I am an easy target!?! I love my siblings and we are really close, we had to be. Throughout all the garbage we have been through, it only bounded us together more. At the end of the day, I always know they will be there for me. Happy Birthday Big Bro!!! Love you!

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Cara, I laughed when you said Joey disguises his voice when he calls. He did that to me. After Kent was born he was going to come and see him and he called me and said he was officer O'Malley and I was getting a ticket for parking wrong. I totally believed him and freaked out!

I love that the four of you are so different, but so much the same.

Pass on to Joey that I said "happy birthday" from Officer O'Malley.

Ninja's Mom said...

Awww...I am super proud of Joey, too. I miss you...and all of your siblings, like "Shut-up Shayna", and the guys' wives, and the kids... I haven't seen any of you since Wyatt's party. FYI You can bring Shayna to Alex's party if you want!!!

xoxo