Thursday, March 25, 2010

A husband, a child, two jobs, and a partridge in a pear tree

Lately I have been feeling super overwhelmed. In all aspects of my life. I tend to bite off more than I can chew and then I am constantly being pulled into different directions. Working two jobs is great for the money, bad for adding stress in finding a sitter and never being home to cook a decent dinner. I am thankful for my two jobs especially when I know people out there that have NO job, however, for me two jobs is a little much. Noah does help out a lot around the house and with taking care of Wyatt and I think I finally understand how much he misses us when he is at work because when I get home I just want to wrap my arms around my boys and never let go. I remember in college we learned about the different aspects of our life, physical, mental and spiritual and how it is important to keep those in balance because when one part is doing poorly, the others will follow suit. I am a prime example of that. It is much like a house of cards, if one falls the whole house comes crashing down. I think my best bet it to make sure I am keeping up with that balancing act. My spiritual life has taken the biggest blow, that is really hard to admit, but it's true. I have noticed that I am not turning to God for everything, even the small things. I am almost "forgetting" for pray because I am blindsided by stress, when really that is the first thing I should be doing! It feels good to openly express my troubles so now that I know what to work on, I can make the changes I need to in order to keep my stress levels in check.

No comments: